Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Blocs



Whilst it has been a while since my last post, there has been plenty happening, mostly around the farm. I have been buying man tools and using them with great gusto. I now have a fairly decent supply of firewood for the winter thanks to my new chainsaw, as well as a well-protected veggie patch, due mainly to a new impact drill. That and a heap of visitors has hampered my climbing over the last few weeks, but with school holidays starting on Friday it is about to ramp up again... I have, however, managed to sneak out a couple of times and have even been able to snag a couple of first ascents at a new secret crag in the Northern Gramps... Well, it's not that secret, but with most of the Grampians still closed for Easter and every man and his dog heading toward Stapylton, we'll keep it quiet for a wee bit anyway. Little hands Phil showed me around and pointed me at some of the harder lines. All this, as well as taking some great shots and a bit of video too... Managed a new V9/10 called the princelings, which went 2nd or 3rd go, a flash ascent of Fridgelifter V8 and a couple of other lines in the same grade range... Heading out there again this weekend, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment